Saturday, March 7, 2009

WEEK 7 Blog about technology

Is it actually possible to drive without speaking on your cell phone? I certainly see no evidence to the contrary. It seems like people are interacting with one another but not face to face rather with technology. As I observe our patrons in the library, the men are usually on "dating" sites and the others, adults and children are emailing one another. Rarely do I see patrons even having a casual chat with the people they are sitting beside. In Ann Landers recently, a man wrote in that he had assumed another identity online, a younger, hunkier and with more hair version, and now he was afraid to physically meet the people he had been corresponding with. Ann said, no problem as they have probably altered their identities as well. I find this bizarre. I say speak to the person in the carrell next to you, hang up the phone and drive, and just be yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment