Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Week 8 #18 Social Networking: Making friends in the comfort of your home

I think I covered my thoughts on social networking in my last blog.


Week 8 #19 Web-based Apps

I found Zoho writer to be very impressive. I like the online organizer-plan, organize, share. I can see where this would be invaluable to small businesses as well as individuals. Access to word processing and the spreadsheets is very practical, especially in these tight economic times.

Week 9 #20 Discover You-Tube

I was having a lot of trouble combatting my wavy hair. I bought a new hair dryer with a diffuser, now I had the problem of how to use. I searched You Tube and found quite a few videos on the very subject! Some of the demonstrations were a scream, people in their bathrooms sharing tips on products, techniques, etc. Personally I would never appear on you tube, but I did get a few ideas for dealing with my hair.

Week 9 #21 Podcasts, Smodcasts (or shall we say smutcasts)

Of the three directories that are linked to the IHCPL tutorial, only one was accessable, that being podcastalley.com. I looked through trying to locate an RSS feed and was surprised by the selection available. Pretty scummy, smutty, and vile, no thanks.

Week 9 #22 Downloadable Media

I was pleasantly surprised to see the number of titles available to download onto PC or Mac. I thought the catalog features were good. I found the descriptions to be helpful in determining if I would find a title interesting or not. I appreciated the "If you like this title, you might like..." I downloaded both audio and visual. Last winter I was stranded in the hospital for two weeks while my mother was having surgery. I wish I would have known about this as it would have been truly appreciated. I think it would be great for travel as well, ... planes, trains and automobiles.



No comments:

Post a Comment